Working with Boulder Ionics
Boulder Ionics places a premium on working closely with each customer. We have the ability to tailor our ionic liquid Iolyte™ electrolytes or other ionic liquids to meet your needs. Each product is tested for purity prior to shipment. Our technical team works closely with customers to maximize performance in each application.
Boulder Ionics’ ionic liquids may be used in a variety of applications, including:
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Metal-air batteries
- Fuel cells
- Dye-sensitized solar cells
- Petroleum refining desulfurization
- Laboratory settings for scientific testing
If you are interested in purchasing custom ionic liquids or Iolyte electrolytes for use in your manufacturing facility or laboratory, please contact our sales department.
Research and Development
In addition to the existing product line, Boulder Ionics has a robust research and development program directed at the development of electrolytes optimized for advanced energy storage applications. Spanning internal R&D programs, government-supported research, and joint development programs with customers, Boulder Ionics’ unique equipment and processes enable the firm to rapidly synthesize new electrolyte compositions and scale from beakers to barrels in a short amount of time.
Current research programs include:
- High performance ultracapacitors for satellite applications. Sponsored by the US Air Force.
- Very-high-conductivity ionic liquids. Conductivity >100 mS/cm at room temperature, 10X higher than EMIM TFSI.
- Ionic liquid electrolytes for metal-air batteries, including lithium-, sodium- and silicon-air chemistries.
For more information on our R&D program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.